Unwanted hair can make you feel unattractive and self conscious about your appearance. Why not feel more confident by removing it? With our state-of-the art laser hair removal system, you can rid yourself of unwanted hair. The hair removal system emits pulses of light that kill the roots of the hair. Unlike many technologies that are inefficient at killing the follicle, the laser hair removal system permanently prevents hair from growing back. Most areas of the body can be treated, as long as the hair has color (melanin). Typical areas treated are legs, bikini line, face, neck, back, arms, chest, etc.
Your provider will move the “self-cooling” handpiece over your skin, pulsing as it travels. The device pulses as it travels and each pulse will send a frequency of light through your skin to the hair follicle. A flashing light, an audible tone and a mild sensation on the skin will make you aware of an active treatment. Treatments are done at 4 to 6 week intervals. Minimal or no sun exposure should be observed during the treatment process. At any given time, some of your hair is not in a phase of active growth. Therefore, you will need more than one treatment to affect the growth of unwanted hair. Typically, a full course of therapy is 5 to 6 treatments to ensure permanent hair reduction.
Before your Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- Please shave the entire area you desire treated the day before your planned treatment. Razors will not be available to clients.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 (or greater) sunblock before AND after your treatments. No natural or artificial tanning (which includes tanning beds and spray tans) anytime within 2-3 weeks before your session.
- A cream to avoid potential pigmentation may be given for certain skin types.
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, alpha or beta hydroxy acids, toners or any irritating creams for one week prior.
- Do not apply any perfumes, deodorant or make-up to the desired area the day of your treatment.
After your Laser Hair Removal Procedure
- No deodorant for 24 to 48 hours if underarm was treated.
- Immediately after your treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles and mild discomfort similar to a sunburn. Cool packs may be applied. This usually lasts 2 to 24 hours.
- You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs. This is normal.
- Do not rub, or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 5 days.
- Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/ saunas/ jacuzzi for 3 days.
- If a crust develops, keep the area moist until healed.
- Contact us if the area shows signs of infection or blistering.
- Continue to use sunblock for the duration of your treatments.
- The treated hair will continue to fall out over the next 7 to 30 days post treatment.
Scheduling your Next Treatment
- After your treatment, the hair may appear to grow for up to two weeks. This is simply the treated hair being shed from the follicle, and is not new growth.
- Shaving is recommended between sessions and is recommended the day prior to your next appointment.
- Your session typically is scheduled in four weeks for facial areas, six weeks for torso and eight weeks for below the waist. Interruption of this schedule may cause less than optimal results.
- Electrolysis, waxing, threading, tweezing or plucking is to be avoided between sessions, however shaving is encouraged.
IPL Hair Removal
Customized for your individualized needs. A consultation is required prior to your first appointment.
|30 – 90 Minutes||Schedule consultation for pricing|